There are no contracts at the YMCA! For your convenience, the YMCA offers an automatic monthly bank draft or credit card payment option. Stop by the member service desk to get started!
100% Money-Back Guarantee
Within the first 30 days, we will gladly refund 100% of all money paid if you are not satisfied with your YMCA membership.
Memberships can be placed on hold up to three months annually for a small monthly fee. To place your membership on hold you must notify our Member Service Staff 14 days prior to your regular membership draft date. Hold fees are non-refundable and due in advance.
In the event it becomes necessary for you to cancel your membership, stop by the member service desk and fill out a cancellation form. We need 30 days notice in advance of your regular draft date to cancel your membership. Any draft payments already scheduled within the 30 day period will be drafted.
Conditions of Membership
The YMCA of Greater San Antonio will suspend or cancel a membership when behavior conflicts with the welfare of other members or staff, or conflicts with the Mission of the YMCA.
- Children ages 6 weeks through 6 years must be in a YMCA supervised program or under the direct watch of a parent or guardian who is at least 18 years of age.
- For their own safety, children ages 6 and under are not allowed in the Wellness Center or Group Exercise Classes.
- The Wellness Center is available to children ages 7 through 12 who are actively engaged with a parent after successfully completing a family orientation. They may use cardio equipment and designated strength equipment. A colored wrist band must be worn during their workout. Children must pick up a wristband at the member service desk before each workout.
- At 13 years of age, a teen may use the YMCA without having an adult to remain in the facility, as long as all emergency contact information is current and accurate at our member service desk.
- The Wellness Center is available for teens ages 13 years through 15 years who have completed a mandatory teen orientation. A colored wrist band must be worn during their workout. Teens must pick up a wristband at the member service desk before each workout.
- It is recommended, but not required, that teens ages 15-17, go through an orientation before using the Wellness Center.
Your membership to the YMCA of Greater San Antonio ensures that you are “Always Welcome at YMCA”. This means that when you travel to another city, you can visit a participating YMCA as their guest, according to their policies. Please visit the member service desk before your trip and we can help find a YMCA family near you, or visit www.ymca.net for more information.
YMCA members visiting the greater San Antonio area may use their YMCA membership free of charge at any of our facilities for up to 14 days per calendar year. Membership and identification must be validated at the member service desk prior to use. Once validated, please check in at the member service desk each time you visit.
Members may bring two guests per visit with no charge; additional guests will be charged $20 per visit ($10 for guests under 18 years of age). Guests 15 and younger must have an adult member or parent with a photo ID sign them in at the member service desk. All guests ages 16 and older must provide the member service desk with a valid photo ID. If an adult member is not present, then guests under the age of 18 must bring a guest registration form and liability waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian.
The same guest can only use the facility free of charge once per calendar year. For the second visit, the guest fee applies. When the guest visits a third time, a membership must be purchased to stay.
Guests who live outside the Greater San Antonio area may visit the YMCA with a member two weeks per calendar year at no additional fee.